Categories:

New Photography Class at Barlow

7 Views
Mr Molony’s photography class uses Canon cameras in room 703 this semester.
Vivian Atiyeh

A new photography elective class has come to Barlow for students who enjoy taking pictures. This class may be a good experience for those who want to begin learning new skills and plan on using photography in their life or career. This is also an opportunity to bring you::creative ideas to life, express yourself through photo designs, and create a portfolio full of great ideas and your own personal artistry. 

Mr. Molony, who teaches Photography, shares that this class is for students who especially enjoy doing something they are interested in. The class offers skills such as learning how to use the cameras properly, getting a deeper understanding of the modes and buttons within the camera, how to get better angles and demonstrates ways to take proper photos. In this class, students do written assignments as well as physical assignments with cameras. Molony explained that students will have tasks to go around the school with cameras and eventually create their own portfolio with pictures and designs using their own creativity and ideas. 

A student in Photography, Kaylynn Harvey, expresses how much she enjoys the class saying, “It’s fun and you have creative freedom… it’s not hard if you pay attention.” Photography class can be for everybody, not just for students who have a particular passion for photography. It offers skills that can be learned by everyone if they have enough motivation for it. By taking this class, you may get a good understanding of how photography can benefit your life. If you ever find yourself needing to get photos of yourself for senior photos, or you want to save money on a photographer for an event, you can take this class and it will tell you everything you need to know about taking pictures and getting different styles of photos. 

Not only is this class a great way to expand on your hobbies and skills, it can also be a way to get experience for a real-life scenario. If you need a little side job to bring in some extra cash, you can be a part time photographer and take pictures for people at parties, graduations, weddings, and other events that people may want to capture. 

Photography may be a good choice for students at Barlow to consider, it can benefit your life if you choose to go down the path of taking photos and expanding on your creativity and art. It can also be a good fit if you just want to have fun and snap some photos to create memories that can last forever. Many people at Barlow are excited for this class and have said nothing but great things about it, so if you want to try new hobbies and learn new things, Photography is a great option to consider and may even show you if you want to pursue a life in photography.