What has high school taught you?

High School teaches you more than ever.

Google

High School teaches you more than ever.

Aaydnn Dreske: “High school taught me that the friends you make here don’t last forever, and you shouldn’t worry about what others are thinking of you because they’re worried about the same thing; they don’t want to be judged. A teacher can be your best friend and help you all the way through high school.”

Trinity Bowman: “High school has taught me that not everything is permanent, and that’s okay. I’ve learned that people grow a lot in high school and learn who they are as their own people. High school has helped me to become my own person, even if that meant losing valuable people along the way.”

Bryce Ellis: “High school has taught me how to work through situations in all aspects of life, from working on projects with people you’ve never met before to giving speeches to people you don’t know, and how to build confidence within yourself.”

Tyson Roupp: “High school gave me good habits to take into the real world, and it showed me how to be content. No matter what is going on in life, I always have my values, and the day-to-day struggles will pass. I’ve had a good high school experience, and I’m looking forward to the future.”

Alina Estrada: “High school has taught me how to surround myself with positive people and not waste my time on people who don’t want to see you succeed. I have learned how to pick friends going in the future.” 

Dakota Pillster: “High school taught me to have grit and work through adversity.”

Evan White: “High school has taught me that no one is really paying attention to you. Everyone is worried about how others think of them all the time, and I definitely do that every day, but no one actually cares enough. You can be as weird as you want, and yes, people may notice at the moment, but they won’t remember an hour later. I’ve also learned that no situation or feeling is permanent. If you bomb a test, have a bad breakup, or fight with friends, those moments don’t last forever, and you eventually get through it. It won’t be the end of the world. High school taught me a lot, and I really appreciated the whole experience.”

Marlene Lopez: “High school helped me balance all the rigorous courses as well as allowing me to meet several friends with similar interests due to classes. Through a variety of grades in one class, I met lifelong friends! I was able to challenge myself and get a glimpse of college, which allowed me to strive and work hard in my classes!”

Eli Leadham: “To put yourself first. It’s kind of obvious, but it’s easier said than done. No grade, class, or extracurricular should take priority over your well-being. It’s way more important to be a good person first and a good student second.”

Dominic Nguyen: “Something I learned from high school is the value of challenging yourself. Whether it’s by spending a lot of time on an extracurricular activity you’re passionate about or just loading up another AP class; it’s important to take on responsibilities you really care about to help you grow.”

Yamato Uptegrove: “High school taught me that nothing in life is guaranteed and that I can’t wait for things to happen; essentially, I must create my own success.” 

Jaden Bales: “High school has taught me how to be independent through understanding the importance of being self-motivated and organized.”

Ary Phillips: “High school taught me to grow up, make better decisions, and choose my friends and relationships wisely. I’ve had some bad times in high school, but I’ve definitely learned and matured from those experiences. I believe that everything happens for a reason and that everything I’ve experienced over the past four years has definitely carved my way to my future.”

Michael Laflouf: “My biggest takeaway from high school doesn’t have much to do with education. It is more so the social skills I have built over the years. You start high school as a young teen and finish as an adult, and over the past four years, I have not only learned to socialize with people from different friend groups but also accept and acknowledge differences. I am thankful for my ability to do so and will carry this skill with me for the rest of my life.”

Marley Seet: “High school has taught me that things are as fun as you make them. You have to make the best out of every moment, or you could easily fall into a bad place. It’s taught me to see things a little less seriously, make the right friends, and enjoy every moment. I’ve learned life won’t always be easy, school isn’t always going to be enjoyable, and things won’t always go according to plan, but if you find the motivation to push through the negative moments, the overall experience is something of very high value.”

Zach Maynard: “High school hasn’t taught me much other than this; I feel as a person I’ve learned more outside of the schooling and more from sports. As a person who has always been athletically involved, high school sports have taught me that you have to be mentally tough to move through life with your head held high and play with everything you have because at any given time, your world can change, and you can fall as quick as you stand. It’s taught me that you can be the best, but you have to show it everywhere; anyone can help you see something, but only you can be the best as you are the only person who can show who you want to be. High school has taught me that you can be the best version of yourself if you can allow yourself to see it.”

Biz Springer: “High school has taught me to rarely take things personally. The perception that someone has of you is purely based on themselves. It has taught me that the little things that get under your skin won’t matter in the long run and that focusing on your core values and living according to what you really believe in is what helps you and your life become what you want to be.”

Jade Young-Norris: “High school has taught me to go outside of my comfort zone, whether it be by joining clubs, taking different classes, or talking to new people. To truly grow as a person, you need to push yourself out of your comfort zone.”

Hanna Gibson: “High school has taught me what I can accomplish when I work hard for something. I also think it’s revealed my strong work ethic.”

Connor Hills: “I think high school has taught me to not take things for granted. You should take life a little less seriously and enjoy the moments you have during this time in your life.”