Bruin Banner

Bruin Banner

Barlow’s New Teachers

Shawna Adams
Shawna Adams who helps in the media center and supervises those who stay after school.

Liz Bernal is a brand new teacher here at Sam Barlow High School! This is her first year in education as an ASL teacher. Bernal worked as a sign language interpreter until she decided to come teach here at Sam Barlow. She has enjoyed teaching her students and hopes to continue teaching ASL.

This is Shawnda Adams, she helps in the media center, as well as supervising those who stay after school. Whenever you stay after school, make sure to go visit her and say hello! This is her second year working here at Barlow. She enjoys working with students, staff, and parents. One of her favorite experiences so far was having the opportunity to be a chaperone for the freshman dance. 

Bethany Wilson is our brand new assistant principal here at Barlow! She has been working in education since 2005. She has had a lot of experience in teaching since she has taught 5th, 7th, and 8th grade AVID. Being born in Portland, she decided to relocate here from Texas and transfer to Barlow. Make sure to welcome her whenever you see her!

Welcome Tia Molony! She is the brand new College Coordinator. Molony has been teaching for 9 years in total, with 8 of those being here at Barlow. This is her first year as a College Coordinator. If you ever need help knowing what to do after high school you should talk to Mrs. Molony. 

The new algebra teacher is named Patrick McLellan! This is his second year teaching algebra. He moved here to Oregon from New Mexico with his wife so she could attend the National University of Naturopathic Medicine. He mentioned that he is still getting used to the Oregon weather. He has bright hopes for working at Barlow and his future here in Oregon! Give him a warm welcome if you ever see him at school. 

Meet Tara Fraga! She is the brand new assistant in the new LE2 classroom. Tara has 15 years of experience consisting of working at preschools, Reynolds, and David Douglas. She came here to Barlow to meet new people, learn new skills, and it’s also closer to her home. Fraga really enjoys the staff here as well as the building as a whole. We are very excited to welcome Fraga and all the other amazing teachers here to Barlow!