Bruin Banner

Bruin Banner

Barlow Says Goodbye to Wilson

Former Assistant Principal Bethany Wilson
Gresham Barlow School District

Bethany Wilson was one of our assistant principals at Barlow this year. You may have seen her walking around the halls, helping students solve problems, attending games, or chaperoning dances. Last week was her final at Barlow, as she’s moving to a school in Battle Ground, Washington. Here is a letter to the students and staff at Barlow:

Dear Barlow Students, 

I am moving to Battle Ground High School in Battle Ground, Washington. I live in Vancouver and have been driving across the river every day. I have two small kids (age 1 and 4) and so this will be nice for my family since I will spend WAY less time in the car. I am so thankful for the relationships I was able to build with students, teachers, and staff. I’ve loved getting to know so many of you in this short time. I will miss the silly conversations and even the serious ones where I got to help so many of you problem-solve things going on in school and in life. It is definitely bittersweet to leave so many of you and in the middle of the school year, but the opportunity to work closer to home is one I just can’t pass up. 

I leave with the encouragement of always bringing your best and showing up for yourself. At the end of the day, I hope you are able to look back and make yourself proud. 

I’m thankful for my time here and all I have learned.