Bruin Banner

Bruin Banner

Freshman Excel In Junior And Senior Science Class

Natasha Ross, freshman, excels into junior level science class.
Jostens

Natasha Ross is one of the few extraordinary freshmen taking AP Chemistry this year. She has big goals and ambitions for her future, which is the reason she’s taking this class. 

“I want to be a doctor so I kind of needed to take the more advanced classes,” Ross said about her decision to take AP Chemistry. 

So far, Ross says the class is going well, but it’s not without its difficulties.

“Me and this other girl, we know what we’re doing, but it’s hard.”

She wants to take AP Biology and physics for the rest of high school and wants to go to CAL for the medical classes. Ross plans on going to Oregon State for medical school prerequisites, and then plans on going to medical school at OHSU.

Ross also wants to get a full high school experience and therefore is taking part in many extracurriculars.

“I’m in Speech and Debate, Robotics, Key Club, Bruins Care, swim, and I’m going to do tennis.”

On top of these extracurriculars, there is still more she plans on doing next year as a sophomore. 

“I want to do water polo next year because I just didn’t want to do a fall sport this year because I felt I would be too overwhelmed. Next year, I wanna do the big speech and debate trip. This year it’s Berkeley, but me and my partner didn’t want to go this year.”