Bruin Banner

Bruin Banner

Barlows Garden of Lilies

Olivia West
students enjoying their night at prom

This year, Barlow’s prom was held at Left Bank Annex in Portland, and the theme was Garden of Lilies. The industrially-designed venue was very spacious and able to accommodate all of the students that showed up. String lights ran across the ceiling, and snacks and water were available to the right of the entrance. Next to the snacks, there were tables set with sage green tablecloths, a bouquet of flowers, and a candle sitting on a fake lilypad as the centerpiece, which helped develop the theme of the event. 

According to a member of leadership, setting up took about three and a half hours and the collective effort of about ten to fifteen people. “The whole process was very organized and we had everything ready to put together. We had to make some minor changes but overall, it was very smooth and everyone worked hard to get it done,” sophomore Olivia West stated when describing the overall setup process. 

Voting for prom king and queen was held during the dance, and at around 9:00 PM, seniors Ryan Stagg and Tatum Louthan were crowned as the prom king and queen. “I can’t think of anyone more deserving than Tatum and Ryan,” an anonymous Barlow student stated.